Monday, August 18, 2008

Da Bears!

I've been thinking about finishing up my Alaska posts when I came across this interesting article in the Sunday Hartford Courant. There have been a few bear attacks in the city of Anchorage -- targeting runners and bike riders. The last paragraph sums up the problem in its entirety:

"Sinnott [biologist for Alaska Fish and Game] said he was surprised anyone thought it was a good idea to hold an all-night bike race in a park known to have bears and along a creek filled with salmon."

Not a good idea, at all. Humans 0, Bears 3.

2 comments:

C. Margery Kempe said...

You gotta love the fightin' Alaskans:

...a bear rushed at him from the woods and knocked him to the ground.

"I wasn't going to lay down and take it. The bear came and tried to fight me," said Rees, 18, who works in a meat store.


He used to meat putting up a fight!

The Queen said...

What Would Colbert Do?