Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hello everybody. I know it's been a long time since I've set fingers to keys on this blog. One of my resolutions this year is to bring my life back online. Since I find FB too revealing and far too pithy for my preference, I am going to jot down stuff here.

New Year's was quiet. I picked up Miss Kate at the Memphis airport that eve, and we drove between nowhere and rain to make it to Oxford. We had a fantastic dinner at Bouré and then back home for drinks and conversation.

I fear that I am a poor hostess because I have been partied out. My good friends, Michelle and Jason, had an Elvis Blue Hawaii wedding in Las Vegas. I had the most fantastic time -- I drank, smoked, and ate a lot of red meat. Didn't gamble too much. Just lost enough to make me wince a bit but not to lie about it. Perhaps I will go into more detail -- at least about the wedding and the tour guide from hell who took us to the Hoover Dam last Monday.

But hey, at least I have recovered and my voice, which I lost doing karaoke has returned (probably should have skipped Paradise by the Dashboard Light with the groom). Anyway, best wishes to the couple and many thanks to them for having the absolutely best wedding I've ever attended and to all my new, wonderful friends I met there (and all the old ones I got to spend time with).

Kate and I are off to Big Bad Breakfast for lunch then Square Books for shoppies.

No comments: