Friday, December 21, 2007

Fun with Research

In my long list of very cool publishers, let me add Vertical Inc., who puts out quality, classic manga. They are responsible for the Buddha series by Osamu Tezuka and a lot of the "godfather" of manga's works. I asked one of the editors today if they were thinking of putting out the title Human Metamorphsis which is a funky, freaky title, and he said they were definitely interested. I hope it occurs because of all the Tezuka stuff I saw at the big exhibit last summer, that's one I would like to see. Ms. Hunt wants to see his chibi Crime and Punishment which would be all angsty and cute. It's Super-Deformed Raskolnikov!

1 comment:

C. Margery Kempe said...

How can you stay angry at super-deformed Raskolnikov? As Tezuka said, "To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's."