Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The New Year

Still feels like the old year. I suppose this will last until I stop crossing out the wrong dates on my checks. Hmm...maybe a resolution will be to set up online payments.

Speaking of resolutions, I do like to make them. However, I try to make them reasonable. For instance, I resolve that when I see a person I know but can't remember his or her name, I am going to confess this fact. It's better to be a little socially awkward in the beginning than flee from them in a public place. I mean, what's the worst that could happen? "You don't remember me? I gave you the heimlich maneuver last week when you were choking!" Then again, if I met someone who saved my life, I'd be tempted to run away. The obligations would just be too great.

Now, to catch up -- the eve was quiet which was good because I've been socializing way too much lately. Very fun but I get tired easily. This is nothing against my lovely visitors, Kate and Gene, who came up last weekend and made me Sunday breakfast, nor is this a comment on my lovely hosts, Steph and Bernie, who threw a swell shindig Saturday night. I'm just an introvert by nature, and I like solitude to punctuate periods of socializing. That being said, however, I welcome any invitations this new year!

2 comments:

C. Margery Kempe said...

Glad we were able to contribute to your fatigue and lack of solitude (I say as I'm about to head off on a week of delicious quiet). Enjoy the new year!

CL said...

Hey, you're birthday is coming up, so you better get some rest now. :-)