Monday, July 12, 2010

Adjusting

It's hot here in MISSISSIPPI (gotta get used to typing that -- I sing it in my head. Unlike saying conNECT-icut in my head) but so what else is new? It's funny how the body just remembers the heat. Is that like muscle memory? But I hear it was much, much hotter up north. Have things settled down up there?

I had planned a more organized blog post about the adventures of my trip down here. But a quick summary --
--cats have recovered from the trauma and are back to normal
--I have recovered from the trip
--my friendship with pal, Michelle, who made the trip with me seems intact
--Radio highlight of the trip -- a call-in swap shop-- Sorta like a aural Craigslist but less smutty -- in Tennessee between Memphis and Nashville about an item that's good for training your coon dog. (didn't catch what it was exactly).

More details to follow as I pull them from the depths of repression.

3 comments:

CL said...

It had reached over 100 degrees up here...and high humidity on top of that.

Even my poor snake was hot and curled up next to an icepack I put in his tank.

Wendy said...

Poor snakie! Now that I have some nifty tile floors, the cats just sprawl on them. But central air and ceiling fans definitely help. I'm sometimes cold.

Cooled off now?

C. Margery Kempe said...

I bought AC -- that's how bad it was. Mostly for Kipper, but I admit to it feeling good in my study now.