Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It will never end!

I have so much stuff to get rid of as the moving day looms! I found this ugly-cute cookie jar that I took from my mother when I first moved in here. It's a bundle of asparagus which I thought was hilarious to be a cookie jar. I mean, do you think of cookies when you eat asparagus (maybe, yes)? Or was it a foil to children? Or perhaps to remind one to eat better? Anyway, as cookie jars are very collectible, I thought I would try to find a place to sell it (plus asparagus+cookie+jar makes a tremendously easy search). Indeed, it appears to be a McCoy cookie jar and the dates for the asparagus jar are about the time my grandmother gave it to my mother (late seventies). So I post pics here for your enjoyment but also to see if I can sell it to a collector who might want it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The joeyLAHVSeet! Zone BLURTS: Check Yer email & we'll talk...

C. Margery Kempe said...

Asparagus! Cookies! What could be better. It give the illusion of health while you snack on cookies.