Sunday, February 10, 2008

Craving Citrus

I've been craving oranges, clementines, and pineapple all winter long and I am not usually a fan of the citrus family (too tart for me). But a few weeks ago, I even bought orange juice. I must be dehydrated and should drink more water. But that doesn't seem to satisfy. Now I understand the trouble sailors had on those long scurvy-ridden voyages. Bought a couple slices of juicy pineapple today. I ate one this evening and greatly enjoyed it.

Such an eventful Sunday, eh?

4 comments:

C. Margery Kempe said...

Arrr! You scurvy dog!

The Queen said...

Hmmm....sounds like you need to beat the winter scurvy blues at the best tiki bar in Willimantic*...lots of tropical juices abound!









*The Aloha Alcohula

C. Margery Kempe said...

Shouldn't that read "the best tiki bar in Willimantic" ™, The Aloha Alcohula®?

Sigh -- wish we were closer. In the meantime, it's Mahar's.

The Queen said...

Yes, but I don't know how to put them fancy trademark doodads on my comments....arrrrr, the rum be soakin' my brain....